"Release Yourself"

Welcome to "Release Yourself". I am pleased and honored that you have decided to follow me as we journey together to gain wisdom, respect, love, peace and inspiration. I encourage you to leave any comments, ask any questions, or even if you have a topic that you would like to have posted and discussed, please feel free to contact me and we can do so. Once again, thank you for supporting "Release Yourself"

Monday, May 2, 2011

My Child

Hello "Release Yourself" family. This post is dedicated to my son, Jonathan Rayford, my one and only. As days, months, years, hours, and minutes go by, I reflect on how I have looked at people, things, situations, joy and pain. But most of all, I look at how I have raised or parented my child. And the words which always comes out my mouth when I am speaking about my child is, " I thank God for giving me grace, I thank God for helping me raise a child who is not on drugs, robbing or stealing for a living, selling drugs for a living, he's not an alcoholic, and he's not a drug addict, he has a legal job where he punches a time clock everyday, he does not have a bunch of kids running around by a bunch of different baby mama's, and he still respects me as "Mama". So yes, I thank the MAN ABOVE~MY GOD!


I have tried to do the right thing by him, I have been a single parent for 20 years, even though I was married, I was still a single parent, because that was not Jonathan biological father. Don't get me wrong, he was a good dad to Jonathan, but I was still Mama and Daddy, because at the end of the day, he was looking at me for protection, food, clothing, love and affection. There were many times when I cried to God seeking for direction and understanding, and because of my faith in him, I feel I succeeded in doing what I sat out to do. I raised a good, respectable, God fearing, lovable, and honest young man. Thank you Lord, it was the Lord, and only him...


Jonathan told me the other day, an older gentleman on his job questioned him as to why he works 2 jobs. He went to ask Jon do you have kids, are you married, do you have a big automobile pymt, do you have a mortgage? As the gentleman was inquiring about all these things, he and Jon was smiling. Well of course, Jonathan's answer was NO to all the questions. Jon just smiled and told me he told the man, "My mama said, you have to work for what you want, cause aint nothing free but salvation, and in order for you to accomplish and gain what you want, you must work hard, even if it means working two jobs". That made me feel good to hear what I had preached for so many years.

I stopped by Jonathan's job, and I just happened to meet that older gentleman that Jonathan spoke of, and it brought tears to my eyes, when he (the older gentleman) told me, "You sure did raise a good man, he is one of my favorites here, and you have done a spectacular job, we need more young black men like him", All I could say is, TO GOD BE THE GLORY, and thank you sir, I love him, he's my baby...


You know parents(people), there are no excuses in giving your child(dren) back to God, he can fix, mend, and free anything or anyone. Single moms and dads, keep a hedge of protection over your child(ren), ask God for answers and guidance, YOU ARE NOT ALONE, and there are NO EXCUSES and FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION!! ©

No comments:

Post a Comment