"Release Yourself"

Welcome to "Release Yourself". I am pleased and honored that you have decided to follow me as we journey together to gain wisdom, respect, love, peace and inspiration. I encourage you to leave any comments, ask any questions, or even if you have a topic that you would like to have posted and discussed, please feel free to contact me and we can do so. Once again, thank you for supporting "Release Yourself"

Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Mirror Has Eyes

Hello "Release Yourself" family. This post is a little different, it's not mine, but I can identify with it. A friend of mine sent this to me, because she told me that she had been going on the blog reading my post, and she felt compelled and inspired to share this with me. Although she sent this to me in an email, I graciously called her back, and asked for her permission to post it on my blog, and she agreed, but she said, she didn't even have a title for it. I read it again, and thought for a title......"The Mirror Has Eyes" As I stated earlier, I can truly identify with her, because of all the pain, hurt, and betrayal I have experienced in my life. So, OK family, here it is:

Sitting here I have a desire to share one of my many experiences that have taught me to love. I ponder on what to title it. Hmm! I could say "Learning to love myself" or " Just loving me". I can't decide. Anyway. A few years ago a friend asked me to look in the mirror and ask myself do I like what I see. I considered this a strange suggestion. I look at myself everyday. Washing my face, brushing my teeth, those daily things. One morning standing in front of the mirror I look - same eyes, nose, mouth. But as I looked closer I was not prepared for what I saw. There in the mirror, eyes staring back at me was a haunted look. As I moved up even closer, I could see a hurting person. The eyes were filled with shame, regrets, guilt, resentments, disappointments, just to name a few. Eyes which revealed feelings of loneliness, despair and yes sometimes hopelessness. I realized at that moment that not only didn't I like what I saw, I didn't love me. The first thing that came to mind is "how can I not like myself?". I have sympathy and compassion, and I'm a caring person.

I love and like other people and they seem to like me. But the eyes said what about me? You don't love me! Deep down you don't think I'm worthy of love. How can you love others but you can't love me? My soul cried out "WHAT ABOUT ME"? I fell to my knees and began to pray, "Father help me, help me see what You see. I want to love me. I had to get really honest with GOD - confusing all, the starting point of letting go. Letting go of the past hurts and feelings of being a failure and the present fears and fears of failing. I pulled out HIS love letters to me/my bible and began to read what HE says about me. Because of LOVE HE died for me! Because of LOVE HE rose for me! Because of LOVE HE provides, protects, comforts and guides me. JESUS loves me inspite of all my faults and fears. Because of LOVE HE is my "I AM".   All that I would ever need.

How can I not love me? How can I even think that I'm not worthy of love? It has been a long road of digging out and letting go but now, I DO LOVE ME. I wake up every morning and step to my mirror and say "JESUS LOVES YOU AND SO DO I". Even those days when I'm tired, not feeling well or just blah I know that I am loved.
by...PWhitty...

Now "Release Yourself"" family.....After reading that, all could not say is, "WOW".. I want to thank my friend for allowing me to post such personal, but yet such a heart filling message. Thanks PWhitty, I love you girl, and I think that you are a beautiful person in and out!


In the mighty words of rcansawgirl, "Much love to you, bless someone today, and don't forget to PRAY!"
..........Smoochies.......
           ........rcansawgirl.....

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I feel great, I have accomplished 1 task, I have inspired someone to "Release Yourself".
    Much love to you PWhitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just take me, as I am, or have nothing at all!!!
    Kudos to Mary for having the heart to say those words. Many of us have wanted to say them, but few of us have taken the responsibility that lies behind them. Just take me, as I am...acknowledges the fact that you are human and that you have flaws. In spite of our humanity, we are gracious, poised, caring, loving, beautiful women. We are so busy taking care of others, that we neglect the business of taking care of ourselves. Of course we get our hair and nails done, we make sure the outer man is looking good, but what about the inner man. The one who has eyes in the mirror. I want talk much about who I used to see, but I will share with you the me that I do see. Confident, convinced, understanding, charming, empowered, inspired, assertive, dependable, intellectual, creative, imaginative, devoted, loving, attractive, sexy, alluring, simple, yet complicated. Just take me, as I am, or have nothing at all. To love me, is to know me. Thank you PWitty. Luv Shelle

    ReplyDelete