"Release Yourself"

Welcome to "Release Yourself". I am pleased and honored that you have decided to follow me as we journey together to gain wisdom, respect, love, peace and inspiration. I encourage you to leave any comments, ask any questions, or even if you have a topic that you would like to have posted and discussed, please feel free to contact me and we can do so. Once again, thank you for supporting "Release Yourself"

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Letting Go

Hello and good evening to all my "Release Yourself" followers. Today is a very sensitive topic when it comes to mothers and their children. Sometimes as mothers, especially if you are a mother of only one (1) child, and you have been a single mom, it is very hard to let go. When I say "let go", I mean actually letting that child go out, move out and do his or her thang. We sometimes like to keep a close tie around their neck, so to speak. Me, I can speak from experience, I have one child, and I must say, it has been hard accepting the fact that he is growing up, and I must somehow find the courage to let him go.

I have to be able to trust that I have raised him right, to take responsibility, as well as accountability. But when I see him, I still see my baby...that I struggled so hard to raise right, that I cried so many nights with, that I ran back and forth to the hospital with, that I potted trained (by myself), that when he cried I cried, when he hurt, I hurt, and most of all, when I did not have a friend to call and talk to, I talked to him and the Lord.

He has been my best friend, next to God and my mom, we have been through thick and thin together, when I needed someone to make me laugh, there he was, when I needed someone to give me a hug, there he was, when I needed, a "hey mama", there he was, and even when I didn't need him, there he was (smile). It's been just me and him. He's 21 years old now, and guess what? I still find it hard "Letting Go".

Now Heavenly Father, I come asking that you watch over my baby, keep him safe, keep that hedge of protection around him, both day and night, give him the wisdom that I have tried for 21 long years to instill in him. Hold him with your right hand of righteousness never letting him go.

And son, I pray that you will think about everything that you do, before you decide to do it, because for every reaction, is an action, and every action is a reaction. I pray that before you decide to do something crazy, or you are unsure what to do, you ask yourself, "what would mama want me to do?", and always, always, PRAY, ask for forgiveness if you wrong someone, if you offend someone, if you hurt someone, or even if you think you may have committed a sin against them in any way. Treat a woman the way you would want another man to treat me(your mama), and continue to make me proud. But most of all call on the Lord everyday, and when your heart feels troubled, call on him, when you just need a friend, call on him, or even when you can't call me, or you don't want to call me, call on the LORD. Remember, if all fails, and you need some help, you to can always come home.

So with all this, I am asking God, to give me the strength and to find the peace of "Letting Go".
I hope for all the single mothers or fathers you find this post helpful, and maybe in your heart you to can ask God for peace and strength of "Letting Go" of that child or children.

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you, not as the world gives, 
but as I give unto you, Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid...John 14:27

Thank you for stopping by "Release Yourself"....... May God continue to bless you... and I will see you again on a different day, and please don't forget to PRAY!!

Smoochies
.....rcansawgirl.....

No comments:

Post a Comment