"Release Yourself"

Welcome to "Release Yourself". I am pleased and honored that you have decided to follow me as we journey together to gain wisdom, respect, love, peace and inspiration. I encourage you to leave any comments, ask any questions, or even if you have a topic that you would like to have posted and discussed, please feel free to contact me and we can do so. Once again, thank you for supporting "Release Yourself"

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Drug Abuse

Hello all and welcome to "Release Yourself",  it has been a very good day for me today, but everyday is a good day as long as you rise up from your bed and is able to use all your limbs that the almighty GOD has given. I guess tonight I will be expressing my take on drug abuse. People often become drug abusers not thinking that they will become addicted. I am a daughter and a sister of recovering addicts. My life had been consumed with the thought that I had to do something to help. But little did I know that I could not help....I did not realize that they would have wanted the help in order to get help.

I was constantly running to their rescue, not realizing I was enabling them to be such. I have lost so much of me, trying to help them, but they would only slip back into their hole of drugs. I tried to fight that demon for them, but I could not, it only became worst because, they only wanted to be fixed for a little while, and then back off to their dungeon again. It was so bad that all I could do was to just run and hide. I was so ashamed, ashamed of what was going on, ashamed of what they had become, ashamed that the people that I loved so dearly, loved DRUGS.

The shame that had been brought over my family was almost unbearable. People laughing, talking, thinking you are like them......It was hard. I never got over the fact that my father was a drug addict. It hurt so bad....I finally found peace of mind in 2010. WOW, only a few months ago...I finally had to forgive my dad for being a drug addict. I had come to the realization that he wants to die, but is afraid of dying. If you or someone you know is dealing with a loved one that has some form of drug abuse, I encourage you to seek counseling for yourself...Whether you know it or not, you have been affected by the drug abuse just as they are.

Ladies, I encourage you to stay rooted and grounded in your word, have some shut-down time the GOD so that he can speak to you and you hear him...Make the effort to fast and pray, ask GOD to do a wonderful work inside of you, ask him to strenghten you and give you wisdom. Pray and pray some more....Even if it is not drug abuse that you maybe dealing with, ask GOD for the strength.

I love you and thanks for signing in to "Release Yourself"..
Much love
...rcansawgirl....

No comments:

Post a Comment