"Release Yourself"

Welcome to "Release Yourself". I am pleased and honored that you have decided to follow me as we journey together to gain wisdom, respect, love, peace and inspiration. I encourage you to leave any comments, ask any questions, or even if you have a topic that you would like to have posted and discussed, please feel free to contact me and we can do so. Once again, thank you for supporting "Release Yourself"

Sunday, July 29, 2012

That Little Talk.......

Hello Release Yourself Family, and as always, thanks for stopping by. It has been a while since I last posted, with school and all, I have really been on the grind, but I am never too busy for all of you, my family, friends, and followers. I wanted to post this, because I feel this is a something we as parents need to address at some point in time. We must be careful how we address it, but it must be addressed. This subject can and will save a lot of our young girls and boys from heart aches and pains, and death, yes death. My post is as follows:

Parents, ladies, young ladies, girls, young girls, adolescents, and all. Today I had a conversation with a young girl in reference to sex. She came up to me, and asked, Ms. Annette can we talk, and I said sure what’s up. She said, what is sex? I said why and who wants to know? She said, I wanna know, and I asked her where is your mama? And she said at home. I said let’s get her on the phone. So I called her while my little friend was standing there and me and her mom began to talk. I asked her if I could have such conversation with her, and she gave me permission to speak to her about this.

So as I got off the phone with her mom, I took her to an area so we could talk. I asked her why was she inquiring about sex? And she told me that a boy that she likes and he likes her, asked her to have sex with him. Now mind you, this young girl is only 13 years old, and very gullible but nice and smart. I said, sex is nothing to play with, it is not like your iPad that you can put down and pick up when you want to, sex is more complex than that. She asked how. I told her well for one, sex does not have a face or a name. A guy can tell you that he has no STD’s (sexually transmitted diseases) and he may very well have one, that he does not know about. And for the guys the same thing. Sex is dangerous because you run the risk of pregnancy, sexually transmitted diseases, and a bad reputation, and maybe even death.

I told her that sex can kill you, and it can….you have HIV/Aids-no cure and it kills you; Syphilis-no cure, but treatable; Trichomonas-curable, treatable; Herpes –No cure, treatable; Genital Warts-curable and treatable; Gonorrhea-curable and treatable. I explained to her that all these STD’s can cause pain, and later problems in your reproductive system, your eyes, your brain, bladder, heart, various infections and even cancer. This is why I say sex is dangerous. Sex should be handled and shared by two people who are married and in love, not just because he says he wants you, or if you like him you really would show him how much you like him. That’s a guilt trip he will throw on you to make you have sex with him. Don’t fall for any of those tricks.

So then I asked her how far have they already gone, and she told me, he has raised her shirt and touched her chest, and tried to go in her pant to feel on her. Well, of course, I told her, that is a form of sex, touch, caressing, foundling, that is a form of sexual activity. Don’t think he’s not going to tell his buddies, even if he tells you that he is not, he will, then you will become the “EASY GIRL” around school and town. You will be the prime candidate for humiliation by all the boys, because he told. And that is not the reputation you need or want.

She went on to tell me, that she really like him, and I told her, she need not do it, because she will never be the same. Hold on to your virginity as long as you can, and never give it to just anybody. It is OK to be a virgin, it is OK not to engage in sexual activity, it is OK to be weird, or be square. Concentrate on your books, get good grades, go to college and make something of yourself. Sex is not a prerequisite for life; GOD is a prerequisite for life.

So then she told me, that no matter how her feelings are hurt right now, she will not be having sex, cause she did not want to become pregnant or get a STD. I told her, not only that, but she did not want to labeled as a skank, whore, easy, tramp, or anything out of character. She then gave me a great big hug, and said, Ms. Annette, I knew you would tell me the truth, I love you!

WOW, that really made my day.

Family, if we would just sit our youngsters down talk to them, give them a reality checks, put some evidence in their face, tell them the truth, and not sugar coat these thing, Teen-age pregnancy, STD’s, and the epidemic of HIV/Aids related deaths and exposure would be far less than it is today.

Consider talking to your teens, and being honest. It will make a world of difference. I felt like I saved her life!!!
Release Yourself Family, as always take the time to Bless someone today, and don't forget to PRAY!!!!!
Smooches
rcansawgirl.....muah!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment